Choose your gateway model and check your hardware setup & components
The gateway is delivered with some essential parameters already preconfigured. Below you can find these values
.IP Address: 192.168.2.1 (Static)
.SSH Credentials: root (Username), for Password see the documents inside your gateway pack
.ResIOT® Web Panel Address: http://192.168.2.1:50056
.ResIOT® Web Panel Password: resiot1234
.MAC Address: printed on silver label on your gateway (ex. 60B3D5DF5000)
.Gateway Serial: 0000 + MAC Address (ex. 000060B3D5DF5000)
.RGRA Serial (ResIOT® Gateway Remote Access server): see the documents inside your gateway pack
.Gateway Configuration: AUTO, manage and monitor your gateway on login.resiot.io, ready to use ResIOT® LoRaWAN™ Network Server & IoT Platform FREE CLOUD VERSION (click here to access)
- Step 1.1: click on this link to access the registration page (if you don't have an account, please create a new one on our portal)
In this example RGRA serial is
- Step 1.2: paste your RGRA Serial inside the proper text box, like in the picture below. You can find your gateway RGRA Serial on a label pasted on the documents inside your gateway box. RGRA Serials will keep saved in this page for your account
- Step 1.3: you have now successfully registered your gateway! Proceed with the next steps to discover how to use your new device
Note: After the gateway registration, a new table is generated at the bottom of the registration page. With this table you can get your gateways last statistics and access your devices form anywhere! Below an output example
Once the gateway is powered up, connect it with an Ethernet cable. The device IP address is 192.168.2.1. It is configured to use static address by default. To access the gateway, configure your PC with a static IP address within the following range: 192.168.2.2 – 192.168.2.254
Open your browser, visit http://192.168.2.1:50056 and enter the web panel password (default is resiot1234 – we suggest to change it!).
After the login you can see your gateway main stats at the center of the dashboard and the main menu at the left side of the screen
Go to the Ethernet Setup menu and then press the blue button “Edit LAN Settings” at the center of the page, this will allow you to change the Network parameters. Press “Save and Activate configuration” to confirm the changes and wait few seconds to allow device to apply the new setup.
In case you have a Modem Device, you can setup the parameters by visiting the menu “Modem 4G/LTE Setup" on the left side of the screen and fill-in the box. Example below
Open the “Gateway Configuration" menu. Here you can find all the available use modes for your device. Quick view below of the main configurations
(In this example the Auto configuration is active)
Connect your gateway to a ResIOT® Server (Cloud or On-premises) FREE, BUSINESS, CARRIER-GRADE versions. Below a quick guide on How to setup your ResIOT® Basestation Client with your ResIOT® Server
On-premises ResIOT® LoRaWAN™ Network Server and ResIOT® IoT Platform all in a box with free unlimited license. Please wait up to 5 minutes after changing on this configuration for the first time in order to allow the gateway to start the ResIOT® Server. Below a quick guide on How to setup your ResIOT® IoT Box installation
Standard Semtech™ packet forwarder configuration
If you need to configure your Firewall and you want to block unnecessary network traffic, please leave these IPs enabled for gateway remote managemente, ResIOT® Console and ResIOT® server(FREE, BUSINESS, CARRIER-GRADE)
- for ResIOT® Cloud, Business/Carrier-grade or on-Premises you need also to add the IP of your ResIOT® server installation
We’re excited to announce the ResIOT® LoRaWAN™ Base Station Gateway Client, a brand new tool from ResIOT you can install over your LoRaWAN™ gateways.
Installing the ResIOT® LoRaWAN™ Base Station Gateway Client will allow you to connect your LoRaWAN™ gateway to our servers and to fully configure your LoRaWAN™ gateway directly from the ResIOT core platform. Once installed and configured properly, you won’t need physical or remote access to your gateway anymore, or to edit json configuration files manually, the client will take care of it all for you!
Thanks to the ResIOT® LoRaWAN™ Base Station Gateway Client, you will able to:
- communicate with the API of our ResIOT® platform via a secure, gzip enabled(low traffic) GRPC connection
- setup your gateway via ResIOT to connect automatically to the ResIOT platform
- automatically retrieve a valid gateway ID from our servers
- connect your gateway to network servers using TCP(via a Mosquitto protocol) instead of UDP
- automatically provision your gateway to our ResIOT servers. You will be able to start seeing alive messages in your log in no time
- remotely reboot your gateway
- add/modify the frequency plan, power level, tx gain and location of your gateway
- monitor your gateway resources remotely, such as RAM and CPU usage, free HD space and so on…
- review your gateway status over the Stats -> Gateway Stats ResIOT® page
- connect your gateway to multiple LoRaWAN™ servers via udp
- automatically retrieve updates from our servers, your tools will keep auto-updated!
After downloading and installing the ResIOT® LoRaWAN™ Base Station Gateway Client, all you have to do is retrieving the IP of your gateway and visit the following page in your browser: http://[YOURHOST]:50056
The first time you access your page you will be prompted to choose a password.
Login to your Gateway web panel. At the top of the page you can find the “Change API Token and GRPC Host" section. You will need to fill in those fields to connect the gateway to the network server. The api token is needed for the platform to confirm which user the gateway belongs. The GRPC Host is needed for the gateway to know where the ResIOT Api server is running.
To retrieve your Gateway API token, login into your ResIOT IOT account, and head to the settings -> my settings page, and copy your “API V3 Gateway Token". The user token will work as well, but for security reasons, we strongly suggest you use the gateway one, as it has less API privileges.
To retrieve your API GRPC Host, head to the Tutorial -> RESTFul API V3 and copy your GRPC Host.
Once done, save your settings. That’s it! The ResIOT® LoRaWAN™ Base Station Gateway Client is now fully configured and ready for work!
The gateway will connect to ResIOT® platform via API and will be inserted into your account if your license allows it. A notification will appear with the type of gateway and the newly created Id assigned to your device. By default, the Client calls the API server every 60 seconds. This means, worst case scenario, you will have to wait 60 seconds after saving. Your gateway services will start running correctly and you’ll be able to monitor their status on your gateway page.
Due to the nature of LoRaWAN™ gateways, each gateway will have its own Client version. We, will try to provide a working copy of the client for a as wide as possible range of devices.